ABOUT THE EDITOR
Kristin A. Roynesdal, MS
Kristin is a professional editor specializing in scientific and medical writing. For over a decade, she has sought strategies to engage the public in research science and health promotion. Prior to starting her freelance editorial business, she worked with biomedical researchers from the nation’s top universities and hospitals in Boston, Mass., including Tufts University, Harvard School of Public Health, and Brigham and Women’s Hospital.
She studied biochemistry at Davidson College in North Carolina. After graduation, she enjoyed four years of mentoring college-bound high students to enhance their written and oral communication skills. By guiding them through the process of developing their personal story, she witnessed the powerful nature of crafting authentic, compelling narratives.
During graduate school, she studied Biochemical and Molecular Nutrition at Tufts University’s Friedman School of Nutrition Science and Policy with a focus on health communications.
Now based in Charlottesville, Va., she aids biomedical authors in communicating their science clearly from proposal to publication. As a member of the American Medical Writers Association (AMWA), she participates in workshops and conferences to stay updated on the best practices in medical communications. In her spare time, she enjoys talking food policy reform and supporting local food business across the state.
Previous Work With Researchers at:
- Glutamine supplementation for cancer patients undergoing chemotherapy treatment: A review
- Nutraceutical use among cancer patients: A review
- Public health interventions using health behavior theory for design, evaluation, & understanding: A review
- The polyphenolic composition and antioxidant capacity of Brewer’s Dried Grains
- The postprandial effect of highly spiced meal consumption on plasma antioxidant defense & nutritional status in adult males: A randomized pilot study
- Whole grains consumption & its time-course effects on plasma MMP-9, IL-6 & other inflammatory biomarkers: A randomized, double-blind, cross-over study
Davidson College | Davidson, NC | B.S., Biology | Minor, Chemistry
Senior Research: Idiopathic Feline Hepatic Lipidosis
Tufts University | Friedman School of Nutrition Science & Policy | Boston, MA | M.S., Human Nutrition
Biochemical and Molecular Nutrition program with a concentration in Health Communications